Sunday, April 5, 2009

Happiness may be near?

So the last couple of weeks has been a little tough. Phillip has been miserable with colic. He cries almost every waking moment. He is so unhappy and in turn has really taken a toll on Marianne and I. It is very frustrating feeling like you are failing your child because you cannot comfort him. Wyatt has not been much better either. What we thought was colic is actually acid reflux. he has been taking Zantac, but it only helps a little bit. As the days went by it was groiwng more and more frustrating. The doctor was some help but he is just that, a doctor, not a miracle worker. On Wednesday night at 10:00, we decided to go to Kroger and by some of the most expensive formula. Not that money had anything to do with it but i was shocked at the price. It is double what most formula is and basic formula is expensive already. The formula is suppose to be great with colic and help with acid reflux. The result so far has been amazing. I feel like the boys are happy and in turn Marianne and I are happy. I feel like not so bad a father. I am actually enjoying my time with them now. I know that sounds bad, but trust me it was horrible. Lets hope this was the answer.

1 comment:

  1. i had a screamer like that. we tried every kind of medicine and ended up with prescription tagamet. we also wore a vacuum cleaner out because that's the only thing that would make her be quiet. I can't imagine how hard it is with two of them doing the colic thing - yikes!

    (I don't know if this is any consolation, but my screamer is now a wild maniac child. Hopefully you are not so "lucky" lol.)

    ReplyDelete