Christmas has passed and all the decorations are put away in the attic. I had a wonderful Christmas and got so many good things and it appeared that the gifts I gave, people really liked. Marianne got put on bed rest on Christmas Eve. She was a trooper and we had a wonderful Christmas. Phillip and Wyatt, who are not even born yet had a lot of Christmas presents as well. They received clothes, stuffed animals, and books. They got two sets of some pretty awesome Georgia Tech hats. Marianne and I can't wait to see them. It is getting down to the wire and we are going through so many emotions. Happy, scared, nervous, but most of all excited! I smoked a Boston Butt on my "new" green egg and it was great. I had a really good time doing it and look to doing a lot more of it this summer.
The weather has been wet and nasty for about two weeks now. It hasn't outright rained, but it is just misty and cloudy. The ground has remained wet and I can't turn the garden once more. I need to be able to do this in a week or two so that I can have time for the ground to settle and the leaves to decompose before it is time to plant the collards and broccolli. Let's hope for sunshine and pray for the rain once summer gets here.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and let's look forward to a wonderful New Year.
No comments:
Post a Comment